Monday, May 08, 2006

Vysehrad

Megan had never visited Vysehrad castle which is a shame because it's actually on the Prague metro, so I decided to take her. I myself had not been there since Curtis and I went in November (http://markwright.blogspot.com/2005/11/day-out-with-curtis.html). This time the trees and flowers were all in bloom, and it was realy much more like walking through a great big park with small ruins laying here and there. I was able to guide Megan a bit, since I had been there with Curtis, and I knew a little more about it from studies sinec that time. Also, though I can by no means speak Czech, my ability to read it has made some small progress, and I was able to read more of the signs and such since last I was there. Also since I had been there last, they have opened a new little museum called the Goticky Sklep (Gothic Cellar). There were several wonderful displays from the architectural digs about the site, as well as history and legend about Vysehrad. I found it very educational and entertaining.
The weather held out for us most of the day and we wandered through the parks and flowering trees. Eventually we headed to the beer garden that sits atop the hilll overlooking the city. We ordered drinks and sat outside, but the weather turned on us finally and we had to head indoors. Fortunately the bad weather was shortlived and we headed back out for some sausage outside. Shortly after that we headed back home and relaxed after all the walking.

No comments: