Monday, May 15, 2006

Kutna Hora (take two)

It turns out that Megan had never been to see the bone church, and when I went to Kutna Hora that's all I saw since the group ended up at a pub getting drunk (http://markwright.blogspot.com/2005/11/rest-of-weekend.html). We decided to take a daytrip down there and this time see as much as possible. We got up early on Saturday and hopped a train. An hour later we were walking over to the bone church (kostnice). I made the trip inside a second time, and it was worth seeing again. This time there was more daylight which made it less creepy, but still very interesting. Megan took lots of pictures, and we headed off to explore. The first thing I wanted to do was find the little pub that we had stopped in at last time I was there, and despite a few wrong turns I managed to find it. It had started to rain a bit while we were searching so I hoped that we could go in and have a drink while we waited out the rain. unfortunately the place was closed, so we had to continue to walk in the rain.
From there we were heading into the main part of Kutna Hora where there is an incredible church and several other sights worth seeing. unfortunately I took a wrong turn and the map sucked so we had a little touble finding the place, but eventually we got there. I was very excited and we wandered around looking at everything for several hours. The big cathedral (St. Barbara's) was really something. Anyway, after that we headed off to get something to eat and drink and found a great little restaurant and brewery called Dacicky's and had some spectacular food and great beer. After that we headed back to the train, but I managed to get us lost again, and we took a very scenic route. In the end we made it back, but the train was rerouted and took us two hours to get home stopping at every little village that had put out a wooden patio by the railway.
We finally made it home however, and met up with Scott, Adrian, Matt, and several others for some fun latin dance music at a little local dance pub. Megan and I called it a night around 2am however, as it had been a long day. Because I had been there before I stupidly didn't bring my camera so the photos are from my camera phone. Pictures...

No comments: