Sunday, May 28, 2006

Megan's Birthday

So I write this at the conclusion of a birthday party. I have spent the last two days making the Megan's daily routine and the preparations for her party appear as effortless as possible. On thursday night I snuck a decent frying pan into her house, and on Friday morning (after a secret trip to the grocery store) I prepared home made pancakes. I also created a wonderful apple syrup from scratch which was just perfect.
For the party saturday night Megan wanted a pretty wide variety of snack foods from a list of potentials I had sent her in advance. I cooked a few of them before the guests arrived, but kept a few in reserve. Once everyone began to arrive I basically turned myself into host so that Megan could mix mingle and drink without worrying about everyone else. I kept the food table fully stocked so that everyone had plenty and the wine and booze flowing. Curtis ans Anne began doing yoga and Adrian and the girls ocupied the "jukebox" to keep the music entertaining. In the end I let the last few people out around 6am (Megan had been asleep for hours).
Overall I would say that Megan had a very pleasant birthday, and that I helped make that happen.

No comments: