Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dancing, birthdays, and pizza


So thursday night was pretty standard, except that Megan's mom was there for a couple of hours, so everyone especially me was on their best behaviour. Later of course we headed off to Nebe for dancing (I had challenged Mali to a dance off). There was a little misunderstanding with a young woman and Scott. Unfortunately it's not really my story to post. The thing is though that generally with Czech girls you usually know where you stand. They rarely play games.
Friday night I was in vited to Ian's birthday party in Andel. He had a private room in a cavernous little bar so at first I had trouble finding them. Eventually I sat down and was reminded of what a small world Prague is, especially among TEFL teachers and expats, as I knew a couple of people there from teaching. The party was fun and everybody got pretty trashed. Megan came along after she sent her mom and sister to bed early becasue they had an early flight home. She was a little sad and withdrawn for the night, but that's understandable. After the party most of us headed over to another local bar/club, which was a little dead, but made for a good place for a large group. We found a private little room and sat down to chat and drink further. Scott had a friend in town so he pretty much stayed out front to catch up. Eventually Ian pushed himself a little to far, and the night began to wind down. I said my goodnights and headed home.
Saturday I had to go to meet a client so I was up relatively early, and knowing there was no food in the house I stopped at the potraviny on the way back to pick up some lunch. Megan and I sat around my place most of the afternoon, really just being lazy. That night however, we wandered downstairs to a new restaurant in my building. It's mostly a little Italian Pizzeria, but I think they were a little shocked to meet English speakers in the place. My neighborhood has very few English speakers. In any case the food was pretty darn good, and the beer was reasonably priced, so Megan and I sat and talked for several hours about teaching and such, finally closing our discussion on the topic of religion of all things, and headded back upstairs.
Sunday was a blowoff day. We watched some downloaded TV shows, and movies, and then after Megan went home I just did laundry. The attached picture is me (of course), Megan, and Katka.

No comments: