Monday, March 20, 2006

Another quiet weekend

Thursday was the normal routine of Pub night and dancing. I went home earlier than usual at about 3am. I slept in a little on Friday as my morning class had cancelled, and managed to take a little nap in the afternoon. That night I met Megan, Matt, and his room mate out for dinner and a couple of drinks to celebrate St. Patty's day, but I was pretty tired so called it a night shortly after dinner. Megan's mother and sister were coming in to town on Saturday, so she and I had lunch at this quaint little Czech place a few blocks from Jan Hus' church. I had what is so far the best goulash. We spent some time hanging about and then I left her to go fetch her family. It had been a while since I had a Saturday night to myself, so I squandered it shamelessly, and accomplished nothing. I turned down invites to a club from Scott, and drinks with Megan after she put her mom to bed.
Sunday I met Scott for a late lunch, so we could chat about some of the events from Thursday night, and life in general (which mostly means women). We met at the Bohemian bagel in Old Town. I had a few cups of their bottomless coffee and some rare American style breakfast food, while we chatted. After Scott invited me to go to the museum of military history in Zizkov, as he was meeting Ian and Jason. I decided to tag along. The museum is up on a hill that is topped by the statue of Jan Zizka, where there is a really spectacular view of Prague. I have taken some pictures of the view, the statue and the museum, but I only had my camera phone with me, so I apologize for the mediocre quality.
Scott is even more fascinated with history than I am and his slow trek through the museum finally drove Ian and Jason to hit the road. I waited in part because I wanted to chat some more with Scott, but also because I wasn't exactly sure how to get home, as I had been talking to Ian all the way here instead of paying attention to our route. In the end Scott and I walked back into town and went to a favorite cafe of his where we had soup (exceptional in a city of exceptional soups) and then drank until about 1am. We managed to run the gamut of topics this evening from women (always at the top of the list) to racial inequity in the US. Needless to say it was a fun evening. I grabbed the night bus home (first time on a Sunday), and stumbled into my apartment around 1:30am.

No comments: