Friday, March 31, 2006

Another Birthday

On Thursday, with a lot of help from Megan, David and Andy I planned a surprise 50th birthday for Jiri (George). David and Andy bought a cake in the shape of breasts, which was probably the highlight of the party, but Megan and I decorated our usual pub with balloons and tablecloths (these were obviously for little kids with little giraffes and such on them). We even had noise makers, though I was the only one who seemed inclined to use them. George always comes early, so unfortunately there were not a lot of people to greet him, but we had a card that I made everyone sign as they came in. George was overwhelmed, I think, with the spontaneous display of friendship, and seems to have had an especially good time. I was in top form, because I felt really good about being the catalyst for the whole thing. I drank a little too much however and paid for it the next day. The problem was I never ate dinner, and on top of my usual Thursday drinking, Matt brought out a bottle of amaretto which he and I shared, and George kept buying shots of Becherovka to say thanks for caring. But except for the wrestling match I had with Matt out in the street, I seem to have avoided making a complete fool of myself, and the evening was a complete success. David has all the pictures, so hopefully he will send them to me, and I can post them.

No comments: