Monday, November 07, 2005

The Weekend and my new job

Ok, so another fun filled weekend has just gone by, though I did perhaps party a little too hard. Obviously you should read the previous post to get an idea. So that was Thursday. Friday I spent all day in my apartment accomplishing nothing which was actually very refreshing, if a little boring.
Saturday night I went with a big group to...get this...a country bar. I swear to god. The place is called Amerikan Country Saloon. There was a live Czech band playing what sounded vaguely country, though it was also interspersed with weak easy listening covers (think Celine Dion). In any case, I got to do a little two steppin, which was very exciting for me. Afterwards we met a different group and did some more drinking and fun having until Kurt gave out. I decided to help him get home, based on my experience from Thursday. We stopped and got some food on the way (just for fun we had fast food Mexican). Then homeward bound.
Sunday I met Kami, who I spent some time with last week, and did some dancing with on Saturday. We were supposed to have lunch and then go to a movie. The movie started later than expected so, we stopped in at Rocky O'reillys for a quick drink before the movie. While we were there we met this really great older man named Martin. Basically a self made millionaire he has a little girlfriend and real estate business here in Prague. We talked to him for about 4 hours, and missed the movie. On the bright side he gave Kami and I tickets to go see Phil Collins later this month.
Today I basically slept in, but had to go into town to top up my cell phone. Also I had to get my schedule for the week, as I start teaching full time tomorrow at 7:30 am!!! I also needed to buy a new hard line telephone as mine died. Thus no calls the last few days, sorry folks.

No comments: