Thursday, November 17, 2005

Midweek

So I had my first date with Katerina last night. We met after her English class at a little cafe called Tulip. Its a neat little bar/restaurant owned by an American. The lighting is gentle and the jazz is smooth. We had food and luckily very good conversation. I was very impressed with her English one on one, as we've always met in a group in the past. After dinner and about 3 hours of chit chat, we went downstairs to the live music area where they were playing some funkier jazz, much louder and more lively. We listened to that for a while, and I had a few more drinks. Kate was fighting a cold and so she only drank tea. Because today is a Holiday, the czechs decided to meet up last night instead of the usual Thursday night. At about 10:45 Kate and I wandered over to the Konvikt to see what was up. I was trying desperately to convince her to take a later train home (she lives well outside the city), when she turned to me, smiled, pointed at my nose and in perfect English said, "I see right through you." I laughed my ass off. Anyway we picked up the Czechs and I took them to a party where I was meeting some friends from the current TEFL course who were celebrating their graduation. That's right folks the course after mine is just graduating. I've been here for two months!! Anyway we headed to the party, and I managed to get Kate to stay out for the next train, but only the one. Oh well, the night was wonderful.

I stayed at the party after Kate left. I drank until I was good and smiley, then a group of us went to Usudu to have a few more drinks. We stayed there a couple of hours and then wandered off to get Gyros. We had a debate about where the best Gyros place is in town, so we went to both. After that, I took Kurt home, as he was good and hammered. On the bright side, it was about 5:30 so we were able to take the metro instead of the night bus.

So all in all a very successful night!!

No comments: