Monday, February 27, 2006

Rugby, Music and Potato Pancakes

Saturday night I met the gang at the Sport Bar for a little Rugby. It was the Scotland vs England, which meant that Adrian would be basing his mood for the night on the outcome of his beloved England team, but Rob would be rooting for Scotland. As my interest in Rugby has grown over the last weeks, I found myself also rooting for Scotland. Scotland played a really solid game and beat England by the skin of their teeth, but it made for an interesting game. Afterwards, I went with Rob and his girlfriend Marta, Chris, Elizabeth, Lucy and Megan to see a band named BT n J. Their flyer describes the sound as "Hiphop funky latino quartet". I think that's not really it. The music was pretty funky jazz, but not particularly latino. The vocals were pretty much just hip-hop. With the flute in the backgroud there were some pretty strange layers working together, and it made for a pretty interesting sound. Eventually Lucy went to pick up a friend who was coming for a visit, and we hung out at the bar for several hours chatting and just having a good time.
On a side note, I have learned my Czech numbers, and was actually able to communicate full with the bartender for the first time about how many beers I wanted, how much I owed and how much change to give back. I was very impressed with myself.
On Sunday night I had Curtis and Scott over to my place for dinner. I made stuffed potato pancakes, Curtis brought some wine, and Scott brought some homemade red cabbage. We chatted about life, women, men, travel, Prague, etc. All the things you would expect us to talk about.

No comments: