Monday, February 20, 2006

Feels like Spring

This weekend there was a bried respite in the winter cold. The sun appeared and melted all the snow and ice, and warmed everything to just above freezing. On Saturday I took a nice little stroll through my neighborhood which I hadn't done yet. Sunday I met a group of people for Brunch including Scott, Curtis, Beth, Megan, etc(for a complete list please see Curtis's posting of the same event). We had a nice time. There were I think 10 or so of us, and we ate and watched the Olympic games. Afterward the crowd began to shrink in groups of 1 and 2 until only Curtis, Megan, Kelly, and I were left, and we wandered through this lovely park in Holesovice, which I can not wait to see in the real spring, and across the river up to the 17th Century Chateaux in Troja. We wandered through the gardens and took lots of pictures which I will post. Eventually we wandered over to the zoo to catch a bus, which was easily the worst bus ride I have been on here in Prague. Unfortunately the warm weather is not going to last, but it was a much needed reminder that Spring will come.

No comments: