Wednesday, August 17, 2005


Ok, a few things of note have occurred since last I posted. Over the weekend I hung out with my friend Nunio. I actually thought he had already left town, he's moving to Houston with his wife, and so was surprised to hear from him on Friday night. We went to one of my favorite pubs, Biddy's on the UES, and started to get good and trashed. A few hours later we wandered off to another UES pub called Trinity, making an accidental stop along the way at a gay piano bar next door. That was an interesting experience. Good piano bar, though. On another night I might have stayed and had a few laughs. We got pretty hammered had some pizza, flirted with some girls (though Nunio played the good husband "wingman" role), and headed home. I did manage to pass out on the train and end up in South Brooklyn. Get out a map. I live in North Astoria. I was in South Brooklyn. Now for you Houstonians, this might not seem to far, so get out your subway maps, and track the route home on the N. Saturday night we gave it another go, though we got considerably less drunk, and had a very different night. Nunio's a good guy though, and I'm sorry that I spent so little time with him here in New York. I played hookie from work on Tuesday and finally bought my plane ticket. That was pretty scary. Somehow my $700 plane ticket seems more inescapable than my $2000 tuition in Prague. I've been battling home-sickness for a couple of weeks, so the buying of the tickets was pretty frightening.

My friend Rush just had a baby, and Stacy's baby should be born by the time I go home for a visit over Labor day. More babies. My family is throwing a birthday party a week early for my neice Keely while I'm home, because she swears I promised her I would come home for her birthday, which I didn't, but at least this way everyone wins, and she's not scarred for life.

The picture is Nunio standing outside of a bar in the West Village on Saturday night. We hid in here from some of Nunio's friends.

No comments: