Friday, August 12, 2005

Sometimes the good die old

Well my grandmother was born in PA. Where or when..well thats not too important right now. Anyway, her parents divorced when she was young and her mother remarried and moved to Jacksonville, TX whle she and her sister Ruthie stayed up in PA with her father. when my grandmother (Nana) was about 15 she walked into her fathers room and found him on the floor with a pistol in his hand and a resulting piece of flesh missing from his head. As you can assume, my Nana is a bit F*&@#D in the head, but thats a different adventure in my life. Well to state the obvious she and her sister moved to Texas with her mother and her new husband, Larue (poppy). Poppy's life was a great tale, but my goal today is my adventure in Jacksonville, TX. Poppy died of cancer on Monday @ around 8pm. He HAS an extremly large family, 6 kids, 17 grandkids, 30 G-Grandkids, and 1 G-G-Grandkid. The funeral was mostly like a day dream. It's interesting to say how so much family gathered at one location for such a somber event can alter reality to create such a joyous rememberance of life. Very few was shed in the way of tears, more importantly we celebrated his 91 years on this planet. Everyone was present, cityfellows, countryfolk... rich, poor...blacksheep and the unmentionables. But on a lighter note... I never really realised that when family is so distant...3rd and 4th cousins, it's never really expected that they can be so damn hot... but you know my motto...Just once..

Stacy Suarez
Starbucks TX

No comments: