Friday, January 19, 2007

Velke Pavlovice

The Konvikt Pub crew decided to take an overnight trip to a little wine town in Moravia. Our friend Monca arranged everything and really did a hell of a job. The main part of the trip was a private wine tasting dinner. basically we showed up en masse, ate dinner, and then were presented with almost 20 wines from the cellar. In the middle of the wine tasting we took a break to have some smoked meats, and on the tables were several cheeses and nuts, etc. After the wine tasting we sang songs, since someone was nice enough to type up the lyrics to some American and Czech songs. I must say the Czechs outperformed us in this. After that I had had way to much to drink and after buying a bottle of wine I stumbled back to the hostel and went to bed. Apparently I was the only one who continued drinking heavily of the wine that was available. Everyone else went and found a ball and continued drinking and dancing all night. I promised George I would publish his version of events, so her it is...



My impression from the party



It started two month ago, of course, how another, in a pub. We were
drinking and dreaming about something new. Everybody knows that the
best plans start during the drinking Czech beer. We finished the third
beer round and mood around our table was better and better. We returned
to our old idea to go to Bratislava, capital of Slovakia. We would book
a compartment; one night would run very quickly and in the morning we
would be in Bratislava, see the Bratislava Castle and other sights. The
trip would be nice, but it would be only for a few people. We would
like to share our company for more pub-goers (excursion; we do not like
pub trip on Thursday because we would lose each other, so we are only
sitting and drinking).
What about to go to cellar! It was happy idea but there was huge
problem to find somebody who would be able to organize this trip,
someone young, nice, who has experience with a large company. And we
found a volunteer Monca. It was a good choice. We got nice invitation;
we knew how many crowns we would pay for an accommodation, railway
ticket, testing wine and breakfast. We could not say about our trip to
everybody during limitation of the cellar. Everybody wanted to go with
us. We paid 400 Kč for booking.
On Saturday we were ready to go. We met in front of a cash desk of the
railway station Holešovice. Before we had had left a shop we bought
coffee, baguette and mineral water because of our loudly laughing. It
was amazing - everybody come (only with one exception - Shoen). We knew
each other from the pub, only Eva was unknown for most participants.
But she had a guitar and it was a good ticket for a good entertainment.
The train from Hamburg to Budapest had not any delay, we found our
places and without problems we reached to Brno. Only I was surprised
with a narrow seat. I would have thought over diet, so I bought big
sausage, two slices of bread, mustard and cola. It was nice time. Until
I digested it we changed the train and than it was only short time to
Velké Pavlovice, we got off but this station was wrong so that a
conductor sent us to the train back. The second attempt was OK and we
went to a hostel. We had to ask for direction a native woman, Monca
spoke Czech, and so we did not have any problems. We saw a pig-sticking
in front of a pub so we knew that this village is full of surprising.
The hostel was good. Only the bunk bad was unusual but it was from
irons so anybody could not be afraid of breaking it. We had free time
so we walked around the village, took photos and had a pre-dinner. We
noticed that there was a big hop. The girls had garbs and they looked
very nice. But our target was to go to the cellar. It was relatively a
long way. We speculated about taxi for a back journey. The house we
ordered dinner was large. The inner equipment was new and environment
was friendly. The ritual was easy. First, we had to full our stomachs,
and then we got two glasses. One glass for mineral water, second one
for sample of wine. The waiter poured his liquated gold and we had
well-educated speech about life and wine. I think we drank about
one-liter samples and ate a lot of fruits - banana, tangerine, and
pineapple. There was big amount of ham and sandwiches. The rooms were
decorated with naughty pictures (naked girl) and evaluations. My
favorite place was in front of a fireplace. After second dinner I was
absolutely full. I had to go to yard to see the night sky. The topic
program for me, was drinking of champagne and singing partly Czech and
English songs. Then I bought five bottles of Frankovka (350,- Kč), we
told goodbye and went to the hostel. I felt that my eyes are very small
(but happy). I did not know that finale would come. We went to a
typical Czech hop. It was not problem to get to the assembly room (it
was about 2 a.m.), atmosphere was excellent and we promptly started to
dance. Polka and waltz are the typical Czech dance. We enjoy themselves
till 4 a.m. About a journey to the hostel I know only a little. The
night I would let without a commentary. When I wake up I realized that
the sun is shining so that I decided to go to the center of the village
to sightseeing. It was a nice walk. Breakfast was light, some
English-speaking people were pale, but everybody was attending. We
decided (Czech group) that we could pay this breakfast from money which
remained of canoe trip (June 2006). I do not write about the return
journey because I was sleeping. It was really the good test-wine party.
My wife commended me for good wine I brought. I have to thank Monca for
the invitation.

Thank

George



Pictures

No comments: