Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Day at the Races

We got a long weekend for Easter and so Megan and I decided to have our first in house party since she moved in with me and in fact it's the first time I've had a party since I moved into this flat last June. We decided to have a little game night and invited only a few people, but Rob and Marta came out since Rob really wanted to play some Trivial Pursuit, though Marta was less enthusiastic. Also Anne was back in town and so she came and brought Jon, who we hadn't seen since Anne moved to Berlin right before our trip to Budapest. In any case the beer was cold, the game was fun, and Anne and Jon kicked all our asses. Around midnight Kelly, Scott (Curtis' new roommate), and Melissa arrived in time to play a second game. Everyone left around 2am.

On Sunday David in connection with the pub night crew organized a trip to Velka Chuchle for opening day at the races. Which mostly meant drinking beer, eating sausage, and watching horses run. The weather was a little cold, but the beer flowed, and the horses were fun to watch. I don't like to gamble as anyone who knows me will attest to, but the entry fee included a single 20kc bet, so I did bet on one race (which I of course lost). A few of our comrades had better luck including Andrea who I think must have been the big winner for the day, since whe won almost every race. After the 7th race we decided to hit the road before the crowds started heading for the buses, so Rob, Marta, Megan and I went back in to Andel with plans to go bowling. We hit a snag in that every bowling lane nearby seemed booked so we sat down for dinner. After dinner we all seemed a bit tired, and decided to call it a day. Photos

Monday was pretty quiet. Our shower broke, but I found a hardware store open and went to get supplies. While I was there I bought the stuff I've been needing in order to re-pot my plants. So basically, I repaired the shower and re-potted my plants.


No comments: