Monday, October 24, 2005

I graduated

So I managed to graduate from TEFL school. That means...well it means that I can show people a little cert that means I am capable of teaching someone else my native tongue. Here's the tough part: I have to find a job. I did pretty well in the class so I am hoping that wont be too hard. Also I have no money. In case you hadn't heard the bank turned off my credit card, so I had to have money wired over (thanks mom) so that I wouldn't starve, and could pay for an apartment. The good news is I found a place!(harder than it sounds. House hunting in english is a contact sport in Prague) That means that I will have my phone working full time in about a week. I have an interview this week with a great school, so maybe that will work out as well. Keep your fingers crossed. On the romance front, I've made no real progress since coming here(except Eilidh, which is admittedly a big exception), but hopefully that's just because I haven't had time. It also hurts that I don't speak Czech. I got involved in this very intense flirting thing with this beautiful Czech woman at a club the other night, but eventually we had to give up, as we simply couldn't communicate. Oh well, motivation to learn I guess.

So for those of you reading this (both of you), please send more email!! Also, if you don't mind staying in a hostel, I'm now open for business as a host. (Also you could check out couchsurfing.com). My place though very nice, is also tiny and shared with three others. (have my own room, and a washer and dryer!!)

No comments: